Legal Representation for Homeowners Associations in Alabama
Homeowners’ Associations (HOAs) and Condominium Associations are tasked with protecting property values. These associations, along with Property Owners Associations, are sometimes called “Community Associations.”
To protect property values, restrictions are placed on privately owned property. Anyone who buys a piece of property that is subject to a declaration agrees to the restrictions. As part of the relationship, the homeowner agrees that the Community Association is to collect dues to both maintain the Common Property and to enforce the rules and restrictions.
Most Associations are run by volunteer boards made up of members of the Association. Enforcing Covenants and Bylaws, while remaining in compliance with local and State laws, can be challenging. Purchasing proper insurance, setting aside adequate reserves for maintenance and other issues, and fairly and wisely enforcing Covenants are some of the challenges the governing Board must address.
At Patrick Collins, LLC, we provide comprehensive legal services to Homeowners Associations primarily located in Daphne, Fairhope, Spanish Fort, Gulf Shores, Orange Beach, Foley, Robertsdale, Summerdale, Lillian, Elberta, and throughout Baldwin County, Alabama and in Mobile County, Alabama.
A Local HOA Attorney With More Than Two Decades Of Experience
When representing Homeowners’ Associations, knowledge of State and local property and corporate laws is key. All Community Associations, including HOAs, come under the provisions of the Alabama Nonprofit Corporation Law, so being aware of those requirements is important.
At Patrick Collins, LLC, we have been practicing law in Alabama for over 30 years. This experience has given us important insight. We are often able to help the Association predict issues before they arise and know how to help the Association effectively manage to minimize risk and avoid future disputes.
And we simply enjoy solving problems for our clients.
Our services include:
- Drafting or amending bylaws, declarations of covenants, architectural rules and regulations
- Interpreting governing documents – covenants, articles of incorporation, bylaws, etc.
- Enforcing covenants and restrictions, including Architectural violations
- Assisting the client in recovering dues and assessments
- Representing the Association during disputes with homeowners
- Meeting with the Board of Directors and on occasion resolving disputes between Board members
- Ensuring compliance with local laws and nonprofit Corporation laws
- Assisting with Management procedures
- Advising associations on daily operations and long-term planning
Contact Our Firm Today
At Patrick Collins, LLC, it is our personal attention and dedication that sets us apart. Every client at our firm has access to lawyer Patrick Collins. He personally evaluates State law and Association Covenants and Bylaws, helping clients make the best decisions for their neighborhood.